• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

blinkers and high beams work but no wipers

1990heepxj

NAXJA Forum User
1990 cherokee 4.0 aw4 242 lift tires blahhh blah... i got it about a month ago and the guy had rigged wires to a switch and directly to the wiper motor so they would have wipers atleast, but i want to fix it the correct way that doesnt include phone wires and extension cords like the PO's fix did. my blinkers work fine and my high beams work but i havent even tried to fix the wipers yet being that i havent had rain. just wondering if anyone has any good ideas befor i start. and i know the wipers motor works btw

Check the wiper circuit breaker at the bottom off the fuse block by the driver's left foot--they tend to get kicked and break off the spades on the back side. Note: odd ball rating, thinking 6.5 amps or something. You can make a couple jumper wires, male connectors on one end, female connectors on the other and zip tie that little sucker up higher out of harms way.

Why don't you have low beams? Could be a multifunction switch problem in the column is killing both the wipers and low beams.

If you have intermittent module you can simply unplug it and connect the harness directly together and see if that makes a difference.

Good luck.

Back