• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What brakes are these?

xj4life

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know what brakes and rotors these are (5on5.5). Bought a built 9" this weekend and the seller wasnt sure what they were. He never changed the pads and the brakes were on the axle when he bought it.

9inchbrakes_0001.jpg

9inchbrakes_0002.jpg

Those are Chevy Truck Calipers, mine came from a 1978 Full Size, they used those for a bunch of years.

I have basicly the exact same disc setup on my 9in. Its probably running CJ rotors and weld on caliper brackets

RalphXJ said:
Those are Chevy Truck Calipers, mine came from a 1978 Full Size, they used those for a bunch of years.

I have basicly the exact same disc setup on my 9in. Its probably running CJ rotors and weld on caliper brackets

sounds about right. i just searched Napa for 1978 Chevy half ton and it looks right. thanks guys.

Be aware though, it's almost impossible to tell the 1/2 ton from the 3/4 ton calipers. But based on those rotors (pretty narrow-5lug) they should be 1/2 ton. Hope that helps.

Gene MJ
NAXJA 435

Back