• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Xj pulls and other issues.

Nova Wake

NAXJA Forum User
OK its not my jeep but another family members. Recently the front left tire came off at low speed it did cause a little self clearance to the wheel well but now the steering is a little off, before this happened it already pulled to the left pretty good and now its a little worse after the incident. Also the brakes click a little after this happened, its not my jeep and when i drove it i didn't really notice much wrong with it i didn't notice clicking nor that much pull in the steering but im told it makes clicking that you can feel in the peddle and a good amount of pull in the steering. it recently had 235's put on it that seem to have very little clearance compared to my 95 with the same size. Also there is wiring hanging down from underneath the vehicle towards the back of the transmission maybe o2 sensor wires? Anyway i need some direction as as where to start and try and fix the steering and brake issues. tierod bushings? i don't know where exactly to start.

Its a 98 auto sport 4.0.

ok on the pulling its most likely just out of alignment, the tierob is balljoints not bushings just so ya know. and the clicking, did it bend or dent the rotor any when it hit the ground? if so it may be clicking when it passes the brake pads

A "clicking" that you can feel in the brake pedal? Possibly a warped or damaged rotor/caliper causing feed back through the pedal.

Tires on, wheels on the ground, you with bright spotlight under the front end and another set of hands SLOWLY turning the steering wheel left and then right so you can observe the steering/suspension for any odd behaviors.

Also, don't forget to torque the lug nuts.

Back