• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PO455 Code and Missing Upon hard Acceleration

steveybass

NAXJA Forum User
I have a '00 XJ. Recently, my engine light has come on a few times after fill-up. I've read the other posts regarding this, but none included this: when I accelerate, as it's coming up in the RPMs, it "bucks" or misses a few times. I was wondering if having a leak in the fuel/emissions system somewhere (which is throwing the code, no doubt) is allowing air into the fuel lines running from the tank to the front which is, then, causing the jeep to miss.

I've checked for leaks in the three hoses coming off the rear box, all the places where there are connection hoses, and where the two lines attach in the engine compartment. I've also replaced the gas cap. I can deal with the engine light, but not the bucking/missing.

Any thoughts?

Sent you a PM.

Your problems MAY NOT be related, however a large leak in the EVAP system could be screwing up your fuel mixture, so fixing that problem is your first step.

Back