• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix Power window issues.

NW-ZJ-SCOTT

TEXAS-JT-SCOTT
NAXJA Member
I've been searching Google, Naxja, And anywhere else i can.. Its just flat out time to post a thread..

89 XJ laredo 4.0/aw4

The issue i am having is this, Passenger side window motor was toast, did not work from the day the jeep was bought, Drivers side just gave up a few weeks ago aswell,

I installed another Window motor on the passenger side, Witch works if i Jump the connector straight to the battery, But it will not work with the passenger or drivers side switch.. I suspect the drivers side motor is bad aswell, But have not tested it yet.

Rear windows work just fine. Where do i go next? Bad switches? Bad fuse? Common issue i am oblivious too?

i would double check the connections at the switches, especially the drivers side, if that one goes out, the other(s) wont work. Pick up a drivers side switch or two at the JY or pick up a new one if you want they cant be too expensive i don't think. But i would put money on the drivers door switch having something wrong going to that door.

if it doenst look fragged the only thing i can think of would be to get out the voltage tester and make sure your getting power, i dont have the specs for what kind of voltage should be coming from the switch but you can compare it to the power going to the rear windows for comparison.

if no power is getting TO your switch on the incoming wires ( i dont recall how many are incoming and outgoing) you are probably looking at a fuse or wire fault somewhere along the line

but try the drivers switch first =)

hope it helps!

-T

Alright, have done some work and got a few more things to add

-Pass side Window motor works (When wired straight to battery)
-Pass side switch Works, Power tester shows power at each wire at the very last plug going to the motor, when the switch is engaged, Does this for BOTH driver and Passenger switches..(I have tried numerous switches from a different Renix xj aswell.)
-Driver side window now works 100% normal , problem was a pulled wire that came out of the plug..

I am stumped, the only thing i can think is that there is a Ground problem with the passenger window motor, as it works perfect when a straight ground and positive go to the motor.

Unless the power at the Motor-plug from the switch is not enough voltage to initiate..

either-and-or both are very likely-- try straight 12V to the positive and use the existing ground-- if it functions normally, you're looking at lower than necessary current being supplied-- if it still doesn't work well, try running the existing power supply with an auxiliary ground.

fixed. Played with plug, found one wire is loose, works great when i hold it.. Hello butt-connectors

Yeah no kidding. Man this jeep has been headache after headache, Thank god i get paid for the job tomorrow and i can get it out of my eye sight.

Back