• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Size of ZJ TRE Castle Nuts?

stockli

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering if anyone knew off hand what size the castle nuts are on the TRE of the ZJ.

Me and a buddy are heading to the salvage yard tomorrow to commandeer and upgrade and I dont want to have to drag a thousand tools out there.

So far I am bringing a BFH, gorilla bar, ratchet, breaker bar and sockets/wrenches.

IF anyone has done this recently and can give me a good idea of what sockets/wrench to bring I that would be great!

I never go to the junk yard without a pair of vice-grips. They come in WAY handy on lots of jobs.

They are definitely a 3/4" nut.

Bring a pair of needlenose pliers for the cotter pins.

If you are aiming for what I think you are, bring a pitman arm puller ($15 at autozone) and it will help you greatly in freeing the tie rod from the drag link. Putting the nuts on and then going nuts with the BFH just mangled the nuts when I tried it, but the TRE puller + a couple light taps with the BFH popped it right out.

Back