• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire question

NickDanger_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
First, is this a good deal?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/pts/1879525005.html

Seems alright to me but I'm not really sure. Are those Pro Comp MTs pretty good?

My BFG KM2s are basically brand new still but I want to step up to 33's basically for cosmetics, I just like the look of a bigger wider tire a lot better.

My other question is this. I'm still on a D35 rear stock gears, but my Jeep is a DD and doesn't see much trail time at all. I don't really care much about mpgs, can I run 33's alright?? Also, don't know if it makes a huge difference but I got a 4.6l in the Jeep so will the extra power behind that make up for the lack of better gears? Or at least partially make up?

I know, newb questions and all, don't get all elitist on me and stuff.

First, is this a good deal?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/pts/1879525005.html

Seems alright to me but I'm not really sure. Are those Pro Comp MTs pretty good?

My BFG KM2s are basically brand new still but I want to step up to 33's basically for cosmetics, I just like the look of a bigger wider tire a lot better.

My other question is this. I'm still on a D35 rear stock gears, but my Jeep is a DD and doesn't see much trail time at all. I don't really care much about mpgs, can I run 33's alright?? Also, don't know if it makes a huge difference but I got a 4.6l in the Jeep so will the extra power behind that make up for the lack of better gears? Or at least partially make up?

I know, newb questions and all, don't get all elitist on me and stuff.

Don't do it.

• Tires are way over priced.
  • D35
  • Stroker
Old video of how easy it is to break a D35

I agree. If you can get him anywhere below $600 it would be an "Alright" deal. it IS 5 tires.. but $700 will buy you much better

My opinion is buy a new set of great tires like the KM2's. Price is really not that bad and they have a 60 dollar rebate on the purchase of 4 tires right now at 4wheel parts. The 35's I just bought were very reasonable, just under 200 a tire so your looking at under 800 bucks for new before the rebate and 33's are cheaper anyway so it will be less then that.

I would re-gear if possible or as soon as you can afford it. I would run 4.56 or 4.88 gears with a 33" tire. Daily driving I would say 4.56 unless you ever plan to run 35's in the near future.

ill be honest with you im still running the stock D 35 C clip and havent broken it yet i do want to change to the D 44 but dont want to until i break this one its a DD and i run 35/13.5 toyos and i drive the hell out of it on the trail with the stock 3.55 gears that guys in the video problem is he was bouncing and kepping it floored that would break almost any axle dont get me wrong the D 44 is where to go and the only reason i havent changed my gears to a 4.88 is cause im not going to gear a D35

I love my 35 12.5 KM2s

haha i got a steal on mine $400 for just the tires and they were like a good 95% and then i bought some rims at les schwab so all together it was bout $750 or so haha

Back