• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dash and Tail Light issues.

esjohansen

NAXJA Forum User
Okay, so i have a technical problem that i need help with in a bad way, and cannot figure this out. I was driving around the other night when i realized my front dash lights, which light up the speedometer and what not, was not lit. This kinda caused concerns as i could not see how fast i was going, and didn't wan a ticket. After looking into it, i realized that my rear tail lights don't light up either. I thought i was a blown fuse or short, but when i pull the light knob half way to the on position, the dash will light up. Upon releasing it however, the light turns back off. Both the tail light and the dash lights are on the same fuse, so i assume they are one in the same problem. If anyone has any ideas it would help stop me from pushing this thing off a cliff!!!! haha I HATE electrical work, as it is freggin annoying as all hell!!!!!
:flame:
Thanks in advance for anyone who could offer any help.

Most likely a failed headlight switch. Quite common.

Agree. Note that some replacement headlight switches are NOT right out of the box--avoid the cheaper junk switches or you may find those or other lights won't work.

this happend to me twice now was just the whole headlight switch unit super easy to change and worked like a charm for me hopefully its that easy for you

Hey!!! thanks to everyone who responded to this post! I disconnected the battery, replaced the fuse, and installed a new switch unit i bought from the dealership, and now my baby's running like new again. You guys saved me from days of pulling my hair out over this thing. I'm really starting to love this forum. haha Thanks again!
clapping.gif

Glad you got it working.

Good luck.

Back