• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tranny & t-case linkage question

truck7575

NAXJA Forum User
I have AW4 tranny NP231 t-case that I have taken the linkages off several months ago and i need a picture of how they are suppose to be. Would anyone be so kind as to shoot a couple of pics of the t-case and tranny linkages so I can get it hooked back up right.

Thanks

Thanks I figured out that when I installed my SYE kit that I put the metal piece that hooks to the shifter on backwards, which resulted in the links not connecting appropriately. Once I flipped the piece of metal it worked just fine. Maybe one day I'll upgrade to the shifter kit u mentioned, which looks pretty nice, but right now I don't have the x-tra green floating around.

ya it's the best upgrade I've made, I think it was cheaper a few years back, stock linkage has too much going on to be reliable once you take it off

There is a low cost mod where you modify the shifting tab on the t-case, then use some all thread and a couple of heim joints for a direct shifter instead of the OEM rod/torque bar/rod arrangement. Do a search.

There is a low cost mod where you modify the shifting tab on the t-case, then use some all thread and a couple of heim joints for a direct shifter instead of the OEM rod/torque bar/rod arrangement. Do a search.

i know this mod has something to do with the linkage arm from a S10, im to the understanding they use the same 231 tc only the arm is pointed up instead of down. i just never bothered to look for the parts to build it.

Back