• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Factory antenna replacement on a XJ

xjtrailrider

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
My antenna on the 90' is a power unit that is broken. I have a new from dealer manual antenna that I want to put in but I'm not a body man so what all do I have to remove to get the antenna in there? I know the fender has to come off but what about the fender flares, inner fender liner etc. What is the best way of going about removing the fender?

Thanks
Jon

I just got done with a search on this but still have not found all the answers I'm looking for. Some say the fender can stay on others say it has to come off, no one says anything about the dreaded flare removal. I have to remove the flares sooner or later since I'm getting it painted but I really do not want to mess with them right now.

Any body have any advice that will help?

I haven't tried this but usually you can get the inner fender out without removing a lot of other stuff. Can't say about the flares.

Look around in the wheel well and see if you can spot the inner fender mounts.

Thanks for everyone's help, I actually just got done installing the antenna and I didn't have any problems with the fender flare bolts, they all came right off. A plesant surprise since this is a 90' and they do salt the roads around here in the winter. The whole job only took about 2 hours.

Thanks again

Jon

Back