• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any feedback or experience on these 3 exhaust manifolds?

ChairOhKey

NAXJA Forum User
I've looked around and I've narrowed it down to 3 cheapies:

The APN
http://www.autopn.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idProduct=20009
20009_L.jpg

The CarPartsToYourDoor
http://www.carpartstoyourdoor.com/
image001.jpg

The eBay Special
1113082079733_1113245278719_1533_wi.jpg

I've read around and haven't heard anything bad about any of them and people who have installed them say they're satisfied with em. The carparts one looks very similar to the eBay one. The first two are $120 and I've seen the eBay one around $50-70 plus shipping.

Thanks a bunch.

I have the first one , i have had it for about a month and it seems to be ok. I installed it in about 4 hours and would recommend it but cant say what will happen in the long run.

pete

The second one looks like the one made by Dorman. I put that one on my ZJ and it works fine. The "flex-joints" will help out alot in keeping it from cracking again.

From the looks of the joints the first should flow better, the other two have some pipes going in to others at almost 90 degrees (which is not good for flow).

First one is a copy of the Banks one and the best choice from a flow point of view.

I bought and installed the e-bay special about a year ago. It was nicely made with good welds and fit just about perfect. I have had no problems with it so far.
Good stuff for the money. Flows well enough for my old '92 with 190K but best of all it has no cracks!!

Tony

Very happy with the APN. Money well spent/saved. The other ones look too much like junk-yard rebuilds of the same poor flowing exhaust manifold. The APN is more of a header upgrade than an exhaust manifold replacement.

DSN46 said:
Alot of us have used the "other ones" and they work just fine.....
They work "just fine" because they are similar in design to the stock manifold, so you are used to crappy flow characteristics of the exhaust. Having a 90 degree (or very close to it) intersection on an exhaust or intake is bad design from a flow standpoint, but that doesn't mean they won't work it just means they aren't the best choice.

i just took one of the ebay specials off my 97, it worked well up to the point when my motor mount rubber came apart, then cracked just like the oem jobs. So i got a junk yard one for $3 and put it on.

I will have my ebay one tig welded and keep it as a spare. The nice thing about the ebay ones if you are the one that buys it, it carries a lifetime warenty against breaking. mine was on the jeep when i bought it.

Back