• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How hot am I actually running?

redsand187

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I'm sort of at a quandary. I finally hooked up my autometer gauges, that I have had mounted in my jeep for over a year. But now I am wondering how hot I am actually running. My autometer gauge says I'm running around 150-160 degrees Fahrenheit , when my flexalite fans kick on. However, my Jeep's gauge, reads ~80-90 degree's Celsius. However, the factory gauge is reading off the autometer sending unit, so the calibration is probably not in synch.

Now, I don't think my Jeep is getting as hot as it used to. (mind you this is pretty much a toy, and gets driven maybe once a month) However, it still seems like it is pretty warm, possibly warmer then 150-160*F.

I am just wondering if anyone has run into a problem with the accuracy of an autometer gauge.

As Karl said, are your senders getting the same input? They cant be stacked in a tee fitting or something and get the same readings. Im not saying you did it wrong but I have seen senders too far away to be accurate. Apples and apples/oranges and oranges

Back