• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no gauges, help!!

silverlakexj

NAXJA Forum User
I swapped my radio again, and my harness had two yellow constant wires, I hooked both of them up, and now I have no dash gauges or interior lights. I looked for a blown fuse, but cannot find one. My owners manuel does not list a fuse for interior lights or gauges.

I need help, I live in mighigan where it is legal to not have a speedo, but I still cannot speed.

Dallas

When asking for specific help, you will get a lot more accurate info when we know what year it is, and what exactly you've done...

its a 99 cherokee, I have no idea what I've done, but let me review what I know, I wired a radio wrong, when I went to try it out, it didn't work. When I started my jeep the next day, I didn't have any gauges that worked, or any dome or interior lights. I checked my fuses, and consulted my owners manuel, but cannot find the right fuse for interior lights or gauges. is that more specific? what questions did I not anwser? I can't find blown fuses, but things arnt' working.

Did you check the fuses in the Junction Box--passenger's side kick panel?

I think the instrument cluster gauges could be fuse no. 6 but reading the later Chryco FSMs gives me really bad gas.

Last edited:
Cabin fusebox layout, from my Owner's Manual. Should be the same as yours, I believe.

DSCF5574.jpg

DSCF5573.jpg

I'm a fan of those plug-n-play harness adapters, having had to fix really sketchy wiring done by previous owners. I would find the blown fuse/cut connection, remove everything you've done, and get the adapter, but that's just my opinion. Hope the fuse info helps anyway.

#6 is the only fuse in either panel that mentions the gauges, so I'd check that one. (actually, I'd check all of them, after undoing the wiring changes). hth

edit- the dome lights are on a fuse in the PDC (#17 there, a 15A fuse)- I'd have a look there too.

DSCF5572.jpg

DSCF5570.jpg

Back