• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reiter Updates

XJOFFROAD

NAXJA Forum User
Work party / walk the outlined trails on Aug 7th

Things have been taking place. Permits and funding are the next hurdles. Trails have been outlined and you will be able to walk them this weekend.

This was taken from NW-Wheelers site:

There have been 4 types of trail identified. I will relate them to trails we know, rather than use words like easy, moderate, hard.

Green = Cable Trail/Sac Up at Reiter, #520/311 at Evans, Sunrise trail at Elbe.

Yellow = Bonus Round/BYS/SOL at Reiter, 222 at Evans, Busy Wild at Elbe.

Red = OM/Outlet Mall are Reiter, Moon Rocks in Naches

Purple = the new Rattlesnake trail, Shoestring in Naches

There will be no trails that have "consequences" like Rim Rock......no "death wheeling".

You will need not to correct me or make other examples in my comparosions......as the new Reiter will not be comparable to anything we have seen in Washington. The comparisons are for a real life understanding, not a direct relation.

-Trails will not be a muddy mess. (like most trails in western WA are/can be)
-Trails will not be "paved" (like the 311 entrance is currently or like parts of Walker Valley)
-Trails will have a rock base (like parts of Walker).......with large rocks, logs and the like, as obstacles.
-There is talk of a designated mud pit with multiple opportunities to exit and re-enter this mud pit; separate from the actual trails and trail system.

*Every trail will be new. If your question is: "Will we get to use the old ______trail?" No. Even old trails that exist in Section 1 (get familiar with the map of Sections) will be modified and/or restored.
*Everything will be "man made" and/or placed by man and machine. The use of Shotcrete is a strong possibility (like WeRock events).
*Every opportunity of difficulty Reiter provided, will again be available.

Note: Single track (bike) riders and Quad riders are not in the same Section(s) as the 4x4 users. Information about them, their trails and their progression will not be posted here........because I don't know. When Reiter is re-opened, they will not be kept from using our 4x4 areas....they will be encouraged to use their own built Sections of New Reiter.

For anyone intersted in helping out check out Nw-wheelers.com or Reitertrailwatch.com for upcoming work days.

The biggest issue is the parking. There will be vary little parking for quite some time. Also it is a slow process and looks like it will still be a year before we can do much. And with all the other places having seasonal closers. I will still running what I'm not suppost to just because they keep taking it away. Where do they expect us to go? I'm not quiting are u. :patriot:

-Trails will not be a muddy mess. (like most trails in western WA are/can be)
-Trails will not be "paved" (like the 311 entrance is currently or like parts of Walker Valley)
-Trails will have a rock base (like parts of Walker).......with large rocks, logs and the like, as obstacles.
-There is talk of a designated mud pit with multiple opportunities to exit and re-enter this mud pit; separate from the actual trails and trail system.

*Every trail will be new. If your question is: "Will we get to use the old ______trail?" No. Even old trails that exist in Section 1 (get familiar with the map of Sections) will be modified and/or restored.
*Everything will be "man made" and/or placed by man and machine. The use of Shotcrete is a strong possibility (like WeRock events).
*Every opportunity of difficulty Reiter provided, will again be available.

For anyone intersted in helping out check out Nw-wheelers.com or Reitertrailwatch.com for upcoming work days.

Sucks, I personally liked Reiter for the trails being cut out of the forest and all the obstacles being natural. A deliberately carved path with Shotcrete is stupid for a trail system in the woods. Chalk one up to the Greenies and the democrats though.

Sucks, I personally liked Reiter for the trails being cut out of the forest and all the obstacles being natural. A deliberately carved path with Shotcrete is stupid for a trail system in the woods. Chalk one up to the Greenies and the democrats though.

i seriously doubt a whole trail will be paved with shotcrete. obstacles are a possibility made from shotcrete.

Good news! :yelclap: I really look forward to legal wheeling at Reiter. Do they have a proposed completion date?

No date just hopes

I am a little concerned about the "lack of muddy mess on the trails" comment. Who here hasn't enjoyed a great muddy mess of a switchback, hillclimb, or gully-bottom on a trail? Mud is part of the deal up here, situational mud on the trails that is. No-one is advocating "going mudding" in stupid areas, just the regular mud that occurs on the trails as part of the deal. If they shotcrete over all of the typical muddy areas on a trail, that'd be uber-ghey.

I am a little concerned about the "lack of muddy mess on the trails" comment. Who here hasn't enjoyed a great muddy mess of a switchback, hillclimb, or gully-bottom on a trail? Mud is part of the deal up here, situational mud on the trails that is. No-one is advocating "going mudding" in stupid areas, just the regular mud that occurs on the trails as part of the deal. If they shotcrete over all of the typical muddy areas on a trail, that'd be uber-ghey.

Agreed sounds like the KOA version of wheeling.

Back