• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 Cherokee Sport Dash Issue

dryflakescalp

NAXJA Forum User
My 2000 Cherokee sport will start up and run but the speedo and tach will stop working. The odometer will read no bus and the check engine light comes on. Sometimes this happens after hitting a bump or just while driving and then everything returns to normal. The engine keeps running, brakes and steering are fine, heck even the lights and radio keep working.

I've search other topics and haven't seen any that match up with my problem. My Cherokee was purchased used and I know it was stolen before I bought it, but other than the cigarette lighter not working, everything else is fine.

Thanks.

Sounds like the connector is loose. I've heard a few people having that problem.

My old '99 did the same thing, I would hit the dash and it would start working again.

Sounds like the connector is loose. I've heard a few people having that problem.

My old '99 did the same thing, I would hit the dash and it would start working again.

Agree, pull the gauge cluster, clean the contacts, treat with dielectric grease, and tug on the harness a little to get some strain relief on the connector, put it back together.

Back