• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

full width brackets

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
got my 77 hp d44 and the 9inch that goes with it.

looking for bracket kits to install it.

ive found
r.e. $409
tnt $404 with out pass upper
ballistic fab 118 still need uppers and trac bar mount
tera flex 522

any other companys i'm missing?

rustys has the coil buckets with shock like ballistic fab
but rustys are $205. left/right

clayton has a nice set up that moves the arms out of the rocks way.
the high steer kit is $469

I dont like any of the "kits" out there, and none of them would completely meet my needs with the exception of the TnT full truss, but would run $500!

TnT also has nicely priced coil/shock mounts aside from what is on their truss. Theyre $70 and look like beef. They also nix the bar pin lower shock mount. They have some really nice trackbar brackets for OTK and hi steer. Its buried in their site, but you can fid just the brackets radiused for an axle tube, but like whats on their truss. But theyre $$. But their hi steer track bar mount makes me happy to look at it, even though its $70.

Rustys has UCA mounts for bushings or joints, so does claytons, currie, and for bushings, RE et al.

LCA mounts I like Ballistic for.

I am right in the middle of setting up a F250 HP 44 for my ZJ and I am using coil buckets from a 2wd comanche front beam axle. If I didnt have that on hand, I would have used the TnT coil mounts. Ive got Ballistic LCA mounts with some basic tabs for the shocks on the sides of the LCA mount. Im also using Ballistic hi-steer track bar mount. Ive also got a pair of weldable RE superflex joints that I plan to use for UCA mounts using rect tubing. For the driver side UCA bridge, RE makes a decent one for $100. Depending on the axle you have, polyperformance, undercoverfab.com,blue torch all have some REALLY nice 44 truss/bridge setups that can work on certain front axle/suspension setups. I am going to use the RE one since its low profile and I can make it fit my axle easily and it wont break me.

Make sure any kit your are going to spend a few hundo on will completely meet your needs. You dont want to have to redo it all in a few months because the kit doesnt do what your suspension or steering needs. Piecing together parts has worked out better for me both price wise and in functionality. At least I sure hope so!

Last edited:
I used the Ballistic brackets and the RE truss and upper mount. Total was about $250. Took some modifying and still had to make a track bar mount cause I went with crossover steering. Just depends how much cutting and grinding you want to do.

i'm thinking ballistic buckets. rustys upper mounts (rubber) and jks trac bar mount.

my total then would be 241.

This is all I have at the moment.

IMG_2247.jpg

IMG_2266.jpg

IMG_2276.jpg

trd i like your set up. think i'ma go your route except i'm going to use jks trac bar mount

I plan on doing this same thing in the spring, I'll be watching this tread.

idk what gears i want to run. 4.88 or 5.13
going to run 37s and keep off the skinny pedal.
eventually get chromos.

do the 4.88 and 5.13 come in thick cut?
i have a loc rite in my xj 44 will it swap over?

NO of course not just get it re geared and sell the 30 and 44 to me :) You owe me a part anyways we can call it even?

I'm about to start the same axle swap, heres what I've got planed:

Undercover Fab front 44 truss(VERY similar design to the BTF trusses, but cheeper), if I can get him to take the time to design it. If not, I'll suck it up and go BTF.

Ballistic link/coil/shock bracket:
http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/Link-bracket-coil-spring-shock-mount-combo_p_1461.html

I know a semi local guy with a plasma table that I'm planning on going to for the UCA, OTK track bar bracket, and sway bar links. If not, Ballistic, and Poly Performance will probably have what I need to do it cheep.

Since I'm going OTK I don't need the track bar bracket that comes with it, simple design, centers the coil over the tube, pushing the axle forward comparatively for a slight WB stretch("1.875 according to Ballistic), higher LCA mounting point, comes with coil retainers, 1/2 the cost.

Last edited:
Yeah, but I'm also building a 3 link and going to use my T&T belly pan as the cross member(slightly modified), so all of my mounting is changing anyway, and I think with the truss, the added UCA hight may not be that difficult to do. With the CAs raised at the axle side though, it will give me a flatter CA angle.

Back