• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removing seat slider

joeylead

NAXJA Forum User
Hello, I just got a 1990 2dr XJ that I will be slowly building up into a trail rig. I need to replace the front drivers seat as it is broken. I have the seat out of the truck, but I cant see where the bolts are to remove the slider. Any suggestions? I know it is probably obvious, but maybe it is just to late, but I cannot see it...lol A pic might help. Thanks for any input.

You can also easily get at the bolts by removing the plastic trim around the base of the seat. I don't remember how difficult it is to remove the trim but I did this some time ago when I swapped my '85 seats into my '93.

You can also easily get at the bolts by removing the plastic trim around the base of the seat. I don't remember how difficult it is to remove the trim but I did this some time ago when I swapped my '85 seats into my '93.

That isn't the case on the seats I've worked on..
The trim is easy to remove though.. just pops off..

Oops...sorry if I misled. My '93 came with junk aftermarket seats a PO had installed. The '85 seats were a direct bolt in and I made the apparently erroneous assumption that later model seats (at least through '93) were put together more or less like the '85, making it easy to just pull out the whole seat, including the base, as a unit.

Back