• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

95 starts then stalls

BangoSkank

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all,

About a week ago i tried to start my XJ after coming back out from the store and it would start then stall.After a few tries I managed to get it to start and stay running.

Now it will crank and start but the second I let off the key it dies.I have replaced the fuel filter,CPS,TPS, and the IAC with no luck...anybody have any ideas?..thank in advance.

Try swapping out the fuel pump relay.

Thanks Joe..tried that didn't help.After further inspection my ignition switch is sloppy and worn out...I'm going to replace it tomorrow evening and I'll report back.

Ok, keep us posted.

Good luck.

What year? We just looked at buying a 92' XJ that wouldn't stay running. Looked pretty rough but we trouble-shot it anyway and figured out that the security light was on and prevented it from staying running. Did a combination of turning the key a certain way in the hatch and it disabled the security feature and it started right up.

Back