• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What bolts to replace LCA bolts?

Mudshack

NAXJA Forum User
Because my only driver is the XJ that I will be cutting the lower control arms off of, I won't be able to take the cut bolts to Lowes to replace them. I will need to get replacement hardware prior to me starting the cutting process.

What bolts/nuts/washers have you guys found work the best. I will be installing IronMan Adjustable LCA's on my 2" lifted 99 Sport.

what i usually do is goto jeep themselfs and ask them the size of the bolts then goto a local bolt place and get a 10.9 or grade 8 for way cheaper

what you can do is measure the distance from head to the tip of the bolt, then when you cut it, take a piece of it down to a local bolt shop and have them match it... piece of cake =)

I picked up some garde 8 9/16x4" bolts, nuts, washers and lock washers while out at lowes. I climbed under and measured the stock ones to be about 3 1/4" so I went with the 4" instead of the smaller 3".

should be 4.33"

110/25.4 = 4.33"

i dont think a 1/4" will matter much though.

and 14MM is .55" where 9/16 is like .5625 so i think it should fit if the stock hole isnt 100% perfect

Last edited:
who would of thought that .0125 would make that much of a difference huh... and a 1/2" bolt will be sloppy. so looks like u gotta find a 10.9 or 8.8 in the 14mm size

I bent over and went to the ACE hardware here in town. They had 10.9 Grade M14-2.0X110. The bolts, washers, lock wasters and nuts cost me $35 for 4ea. Dang. I should have gone to Tractor supply.

holy hell! 35 dollars!... i wouldnt of thought it would of cost that much! we have a place here budget bolt , they are usually pretty reasonable

Back