• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The "wish we we're there fill us in thread"

They must be to busy(hung over) to check the WWW

haha I just got back yesterday, the weather kinda sucked because it rained just about every day. But the trails went great, only a few brakes and I got my bumper torn off trying to get un stuck.

led had some issues with his rig earlier in the week, but as far as I know he got them fixed and should be wheeling it on a few trails

Just got back a little bit ago. Great event! Yeah, the afternoon and evening rain almost every day sucked, but aside from that it was awesome. I'm sure we'll start seeing the pics and stories soon. :D

I got back just after midnight last night -- photobucket is laying a turd, or I would have some wheeler lake photos up already...:flamemad:

edit... apparently Photobucket heard me...

One of Colorado Springs storage reservoirs from the homestake project at the base of the Wheeler Lake trail, with our small group (me, Jawa, time2getdirty, the TnT fellas, and Yella -- Ranger Rick toasted his t-case on the drive to the trailhead, and firelt volunteered to skip the run and make sure Rick got back to camp OK):
P7300134.jpg

P7300135.jpg

P7300136.jpg

the TnT fellas simply glided over everything -- well built, well piloted rig:
P7300137.jpg

Jawa doing a little wheel lift:
P7300143.jpg

Waterfalls near the summit -- raining/hailing like hell too
P7300146.jpg

Waterfalls next to Wheeler Lake -- perhaps my new desktop photo:
P7300148.jpg

Cool mining remnants at the bottom:
P7300149.jpg

P7300150.jpg

I took very few photos -- these are the best I have, but I am sure there will be many more on the way. Great time, good to see old friends and make a few new ones. Thanks a ton to the organizers (BOD) and the sponsors/vendors -- the raffle was way cool, Tom's BBQ rocked, and I won what I came for: a new D44 diff cover from Riddler. SWEET!

Last edited:
Jawa doing a little wheel lift:
P7300143.jpg

Wow! It didn't feel like I was that high up. I think that's my new favorite wheelin' pic. :D

I'll have my photos uploaded to photobucket later tonight - I've got some good ones of your attempt at flipping your rig over. :thumbup: That was a great run!

c'mon now, it was actually a nearly failed attempt to not flip my rig!:wierd::roll:

Back