• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Toying with the idea of switching to TJ shocks

Nickfast

NAXJA Forum User
With the rest of the Jeep included.
Have a wild hair up my a$$ about trading off the Stang for a TJ and selling the Cherokee outright...consoladating down to one (guarenteed to make that one break hard on me...lol).
Go ahead and bounce the ridicule off me.

Nick

if your into the YJ/TJ/JK thing.. go for it. The wrangler line has one of the best resale values I've ever seen from an American made vehicle.. and the wrangler has even more aftermarket then the Cherokee.

Not my cup of tea, but besides personal taste, they ARE a better platform to build off of.

Idea is more a consolodation then anything else.
Right now I have two rigs, and I always have to have a 4x4-personal requirement.
Want the removable/soft top as well, so the little rig is kind of appealing.
Nothing wrong with my XJ (except the turdy five and a 4.0 that I can't get rid of lifter clatter-both of which I have the fixes for), but I find myself not driving the Stang much anymore-put 3000 miles on it last year.
Only have one kid, and I don't generally haul much gear.
Haven't made up my mind yet, but thinkin on it.

Nick

Everytime the weather turns awesome like this, my first thought is always "I wish I had a Wrangler of some sort".

They always seem to be enjoying it SO MUCH

I get over it once the rain and cold comes back

I love my Wrangler! The top and doors have been off for 3 weeks. I hardly ever put the the rear side windows or rear window in even in the rain. I got the thing to be a dedicated offroader and now I drive it every day. My Cherokee rarely see's the street anymore just to tow my rv or to go get a can of gas for the Wrangler.

DO IT!!!

Dave

Got one Saturday.
'98 on 4" Pro Comp lift (it'll work for a while) and 13.50x33's.
Green Sahara.
Guess I'll be putting my XJ up for sale soon.

Nick

Got one Saturday.
'98 on 4" Pro Comp lift (it'll work for a while) and 13.50x33's.
Green Sahara.
Guess I'll be putting my XJ up for sale soon.

Nick
I think it will fit you perfectly. Lets test it out.. You in for a day run on the 14th?

Mebbe so.
ETA: pic
P1000770.jpg

Personally I prefer the longer wheelbase provided by the XJ, for both stability (I love to blast around and slide in the mud) and the extra cargo capacity while carrying more than one passenger. I drove my friend's YJ for a year while he was IA, and I had just as much fun in my XJ with all four doors off as I did in the YJ with no top/doors. Having said that, if I could find an LJ at a decent enough price, I'd be pretty tempted to pull the high-dollar parts off the XJ and swap platforms.

Having said that, if I could find an LJ at a decent enough price, I'd be pretty tempted to pull the high-dollar parts off the XJ and swap platforms.

This^ I would probably keep the XJ and let my fiancee have the LJ

Who know-might be the same. Was fairly well setup as is, even acts like it's locked in back-right on acceleration, left on decel-let's all do the locker tail wag!
Lol.
Need to check that out for sure.

Nick

Well, IF it is the same rig, It's never so much as left the pavement except for short periods of sand.

Also, it used to have a soft top for the summer, that hard top for the winter..

Pic of the wheels?

Back