• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no bus

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
my jeep will say no bus sometime in the miles. whats that mean? i know the nss needs to be changed. is thet the reason?

I'm pretty sure it means the connector on the back of the IC is loose or dirty. Not sure what you need to put in search, but it has been discussed plenty. JIM.

Instrument Cluster

typical 97+ issue. pull the dash piece, unscrew the cluster, throw some di-electric grease in there and check the connections.

Do you have a "no-start" condition when you get the "NO BUS"? If you do, then the crank sensor (CPS/CKP) is shorted to ground.

There are 2 situations with NO BUS showing on the cluster

1. NO BUS shows and the engine runs fine

2. NO BUS shows and the engine does NOT run

As mentioned above, if the engine runs when you see this, it is a cluster connection issue.

And if the engine does NOT run, it usually means that one of the 5 volt engine management sensors is shorted. 99% of the time, as Joe mentions, it is the crankshaft position sensor.

Back