• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lower my jeep a lil

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
i finally ordered some shackle relocation brackets. well now i'm needing to lower it about 1.5 inches

i have 5.5 re leafs
rc shackles with 2 holes 1.5 and 2" lift

i put my shackle at the angle i want it and now its still 1.5" to tall.
i even put in the 1.5 lift hole in the shackle.

i'm eathier thinking 1" shackles
or removing leafs
or trading out my 5.5 springs for some 3"

You could run stock shackles or mj shackles should work cheap and easy, but if your lift is real new keep the RE shackles for after the springs are "broken in"

see if you can find some 3.5" Leaf packs and put the shackle back at the 2" hole or you could try removing a leaf from each pack and see if that still works for you.

I'd say smaller leaf packs. If you get real short shackles for your big leaves, you are gonna lose a decent amount of flex because the springs won't have room to stretch out as they flatten.

you could remove a few leaves from the pack too...

Thats what I did when I re-located my shackles...

but then I had to build a traction bar. :wave:

you could remove a few leaves from the pack too...

Thats what I did when I re-located my shackles...

but then I had to build a traction bar. :wave:

I thought you hated you rig? :eeks1:

I'd go with smaller leaf pack, keep the relocation brackets and long shackles for flex.

I'm about to order the relocation brackets, but i'm waiting till i have money enough for some 3.5" leafs. Then i can keep my longer shackles. Should flex like mad when all is said and done.

i'm lookibg at some full width axles. if i do get them, then i wont care for the extra lift cause i'll be finding bigger tires

Back