• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

throttle body question real quick

NighthawkXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, i searched, and cant find the answer. Will a 2.5 throttle body off of the 88 cherokee fit a 4.0 out of a 93? I dont have both jeeps in one place, but the tb on the 93 is causing a very high idle, but after trying one off anouther 4.0, problem solved.

The thing is we want to play tomorrow, and we need to find one today.

No it will not. Have you tried cleaning the throttle body, in particular the idle air control (IAC) motor? You might have a bad IAC as well.

Take the IAC out and clean with carb cleaner also the port in the throttle body. Some times they get a little piece of crap in the that does not let the valne seat causing a high idle.

My guess is that the idle air control valve is whats bad, on the original TB.
switch that valve from the test TB that you installed and see if it fixes it!
If it fixes the problem or....while your swapping the IAC, get some carb spray and drowned or clean that passage real good!

ok hears the scoop. its my xj that where trying to fix. i put all new sencers in the TB and still idles high. ive replaced the o2 sencer still idles high. i took a TB off another 93 and it ran perfect. What wrong we believe is that the butterfly is worn and to much air is getting around there.

If you believe it's sucking air thru the throttle body shaft, get a spray bottle, with water and us it on the shaft. if it affects the idle then you are right.

Sorry but i have no idea if the 2.5 would be the same.......I would guess....a no.:dunno:

Back