• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I've had it with this damn squeak

Carrflipper159

NAXJA Forum User
Hopefully someone can give me a point in the general dirrection. I have a 2001 XJ. On the passengers side rear door, around the C pillar area. I have a bad squeak. I re-adjusted the strikerplate and replaced the missing spacers behind the striker plate locktighted and retorqued 22 fp. This fixed the issue for about 6 miles. This weekend I will be removing the door panel assembly. It would be great if I could get a little info to save me some time. And maybe get the parts on order for the weekend. Thank you.

You sure it's not the rear seat? The back part that folds down? The plates that attach behind the C pillar on my '91 squeak and annoy the hell outta me. It doesn't do it when someone is sitting in it, that's how I know. It could even be the locking mechanism underneath the seat, who knows. Cant say I've even been in an '01 before though...

Had a squeak in a 99 passenger side it was the plastic panel between the rear seat and the hatch.

DUDE I HAVE THIS EXACT SAME ISSUE WITH MY 2001 XJ except that mine is on the drivers side!!!!!

I'm pumped that you started this thread, and I am going to keep an eye on this thread for solutions.

I too thought it could be the back seat.

Another thing is that the black strip between the two rear windows (see image) is bubbled from some internal rust or something, and I'm thinking that this could also be the cause of my squeak? Check to see if you have the same thing on your passenger side.

4838890440_66d5843e4a_o.jpg

I'm not sure what to say but I'm interested to hear others' thoughts as well!

I've chased these kind of sounds. On most it was plastic interior panels rubbing--double sided carpet tape was the answer.

Hey thank guys for responding. It did help. Checking more closely as well as , yes reading the Official DaimlerChrysler/Jeep service manual 23-141/142, I found the “Seat Back Latch Striker Bracket and Seat Back Latch Striker” located on the C pillar to lock in the top of the seatback has a rubber bushing/cushion in it.

Anyways: the Seat Back Latch Striker is actually a plastic/rubber deal that sits inside the bracket. On close inspection the Seat Back Latch Striker was worn and not functioning properly. So, the dealership calls “Seat Back Latch Striker” a STOP/BMPR- Part # 55001213. Damn thing cost me $20.00, must be due to the oil spill in the gulf. LOL. I will let you know around Monday or Tuesday of this week if this solves the problem.:wave1: Thanks again for all the input.

ya know the fix... turn up ur radio a lil louder until it goes away =) my fix works everytime! plus its cheaper than 20 dollars

my fix is the fix for alot of problems... squeaks, vibrations, nagging girlfriends, passengers, people you cut off... the list goes on =)

ya know the fix... turn up ur radio a lil louder until it goes away =) my fix works everytime! plus its cheaper than 20 dollars

my fix is the fix for alot of problems... squeaks, vibrations, nagging girlfriends, passengers, people you cut off... the list goes on =)

My fix would include a combination of turning up the radio and getting knobbier tires...

:jester:

Back