• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MY XJ IS LEANING TO ONE SIDE!!

McJesse

NAXJA Forum User
I don't know what it is but it's really bothering me haha. it's leaning a little more on the drivers side. The tire pressure is the same all around, everything looks fine underneith as far as i can tell.......

any suggestions?
Please let me know asap
thank you,
Jesse

Swapping the leafs side to side usually helps. Some people will put an add-a-leaf on the sagging side too. Unless it's sagging a couple of inches, most people just don't worry about it.

Don't let it bother you, Unless its hugely noticeable. Sagging spring or coil

Had this problem... sagged about 2" to the right. i was sliding out of my seat and into the passenger seat when making left turns..

Swapped the leaf packs side to side.. problem was fixed.

Leaning to the driver's side--change your diet, get more exercise.

Leaning to the passenger's side--stop dating fat people.

Swapping the leafs side to side usually helps. Some people will put an add-a-leaf on the sagging side too. Unless it's sagging a couple of inches, most people just don't worry about it.

So you're just saying like take the leaf packs completly out and swap them? Sorry i'm just learning some more stuff haha

Yes. swap the drivers side over to the passenger...etc..

It's probably one of the top 5 most common annoying issues the XJ has

but if i did that wouldn't it be the same thing but on the passenger side?
and also why does that happen?
Sorry i have to ask all of these questions haha

Did you wait until your rig was on the ground before tightening all the suspension parts?

Did you wait until your rig was on the ground before tightening all the suspension parts?

The answer would be yes on that... :thumbup:

you could get a set of acos (adjustable coil over spacers) kinda pricy but it would help bring the front back up if you end up getting a winch or you could get a set of teraflex spacers and cut one if its less than a 2" difference

Im pretty sure its the back thats actually leaning right Jesse?

Engine torque puts more stress on one leaf pack than the other. Flattens it faster.

Usually, engine torque will cause a lean to the right. A lean to the left is most likely caused by driving around by yourself most of the time. Even if you're not heavy,(or fat, whatever,..) 150-170 lb extra on one side(in the drivers seat for example) all the time will eventually flatten out the springs on that side.

It's probably one of the top 5 most common annoying issues the XJ has
Naw,.. My top 1 - 4 are all the 2nd gear issue with the automatic, and 5th is the valve cover gasket.

Back