• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone Running 265/70 x 17" Tires

georger

NAXJA Forum User
2001 4 door, 4wd, 4.0, Auto, RE 3.5" SuperRide lift, D30 LP with E-locker front, 8.25 open in back. Re geared to 4.56. BFG 31x10.50. Plus, I have another 1.5: lift in spacers and shackles that I can put on top of the RE lift.

I mostly do overlanding and trail running, with some moderate slick rock rock crawling.

Has anyone had experience with a similar set-up? I'm actually looking at a set of Treadwright Guard Dogs that come in at 32.25" Diameter, They seem to run a bit bigger than new tires of the same size, at least according to manufacture's listing. I'm also considering 285's, but I see no need to go too much wider. I'd rather bump stop and trim than run Bushwhackers or the like.

My Current ATs are mostly worn and measure out at just a bit more than 29", I'm over geared for those, but I do like the grunt.

Opinions?

Personal opinion, but for off road use, keep rim diameter about half overall tire diameter. 17"s are a little big for a 32"-33" tire.

You might try posting in the street and performance, or have a mod move this thread.

i have a set of 265/70/17's but have yet to run them. cant decide on how wide of a wheel. but look like they will fill up the wheel wells nicely

Personal opinion, but for off road use, keep rim diameter about half overall tire diameter. 17"s are a little big for a 32"-33" tire.

You might try posting in the street and performance, or have a mod move this thread.

Good point, I'm def not building a street rod, though it will be a DD. Maybe I'll look at going same size in 16s

:dunno: personally i like the look. doesnt really leave them too exposed really

Back