• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THE lift kit thread

Boneless-Jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
My main goal is this ,I would like to build up my xj to keep up with my friend in his yj (SOA,35's ,tube fenders) and lots of flexynessity I want my jeep to keep up with his on the trails if not do better.I've already got an idea of what Im looking for im thinking 5-6 inches of lift,long arms and Id like to be able to run 33's or 35's with room to flex,and I dont want my jeep to be a toppling skyscraper but I cant figure out who to give my dinero to and since its a fair amount I figured id see what you guys have to say first from personal experience

So here are my kit questions

1. Is anyone running the DPG offroad 5 inch hybrid kit or know if they're a reputable company ? the seem to have lots of good stuff and great price$

2.what is a good quality kit that wont break my piggy bank smash it all up,eat the shards and sh*t out regrets while offering great flex and value and that wont sag out in a year?. Im looking into rubicon express,clayton offroad,TnT,DPG,Rc and a few others in that realm (2k-2500ish) but not quite as spendy as bds or wonderful as rough country

AND are there any other brands that I may have missed that have good products ? :paperwork
Thanks yall . I know , im newb tastic

Last edited:
I ran the DPG RE Hybrid on my 97. Dirk is a straight up guy and his prices are good. The kit bolted in without any problems and worked just fine. It is a RE kit... He uses ZJ front springs so as to provide a soft lift. Just keep in mind that it has drop brackets and they will cost clearance.

I've heard nothing but good about DPG though I haven't bought from them personally.

If I had the cash to buy a ready made kit, I'd talk to DPG and see what he says.

BDS...

Zero install problems, good customer support, well engineered and produced kit.

Spend the money and cry once.

Or you can go cheap and spend your weekends trying to fix whatever is wrong with your suspension.....

You can have

A) A good quality kit

or

B) One that won't break your piggy bank

Choose one.

that reminds me of a quote i saw on cherokee forum.

"Cheap, Fast, or Good: pick two.
"Cheap work that is Fast won't be Good.
"Cheap work that is Good won't be Fast.
"Fast work that is Cheap won't be Good.
"Fast work that is Good won't be Cheap.
"Good work that is Cheap won't be Fast.
"Good work that is Fast won't be Cheap."

:thumbup:

look at it this way your basically asking a question that pretty much will get you no where on here. everyone is gonna tell you something different and you'll never get one solid answer on which exactly to choose. pick the one that has what you want and is in your price range and roll with it. just my 2 cents

look at it this way your basically asking a question that pretty much will get you no where on here. everyone is gonna tell you something different and you'll never get one solid answer on which exactly to choose. pick the one that has what you want and is in your price range and roll with it. just my 2 cents

I realize that ,which is why im asking about certain kits and if there worth a damn im not asking which is the best really if it comes across that way just if they are legitamate companies and kits.

im not saying its about which company is better. what i mean is that everyone is just gonna recomend what they like and you really wont get much help on which kit to buy

learn how to drive better. im not gonna give you advice on what lit you should get or any sillyness like that because thats your decision and your gonna make what decisions/mistakes you see fit thats how we learn (i bought cheap leafs after advice not to, i learned). im running a 4.5 inch lift and 31's stock trac-lock in the rear and open fron and wheel almost every weekend even when its 1000 degrees outside i just love it. because of that im a better driver then alot of the newer, richer wheelers i go with and i usually never have any problem making their brand new 37's, lockers and shinny armor look useless (yes i know all those things are wonderful when you know how to use them im not trying to say those things are actually useless before someone starts flamming) if your friend is really good just get better. on the real subject just pick a lift. ild go with 6 inches or so thats where im going next get some gears some 35's a locker or 2 and you'll do alrite have fun

coming from soneone with 25 post and not a full member...dont think you have a right to say that:looser:

True, but he did start the thread...

...just didn't hear what he wanted to hear? :D

I have an RE 4.5" short arm lift and 32" tires and I keep up with all my wrangler friends on 36's. It helps to have lockers front and rear and lots of skid plates.

Absolutely no need for 5-6" of lift if you are running 33's. Around 4" is plenty, just trim the fenders and bumpstop as necessary. This combo with some lockers and you'll be tearing up the trails, and probably your Jeep as well.

i like t&t customs long arms for their ground clearance & high clearance beefy tranny & t-case skid.

Back