• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Smoothest riding shocks for 3-1/2" lift

DT|Ac1d

NAXJA Forum User
Title says it all, mine have severely worn bushings in the front and are leaking oil in the rear. I need to know what you guys think are the smoothest riding shocks. I really dont wheel the thing, I just want something really smooth for the street, since its a daily driver atm.

I've heard good things about the all black JK shocks. Try searching those. If you're ok spending some cash- check out Old Man Emu or Bilteins.

Good luck in getting a consensus.

Pick a brand of shock, ANY brand. Ten people will tell you that those are the best.

Now pick a different brand. Ten different people will tell you that those are the best.

Pick a third brand...

And so on...

And so on...

And the debate goes on and on--

Your springs are more responsible for the quality of the ride you get. Shocks are what control the return rate of the springs. You want some fun? Take the shocks off and go for a ride.

When I installed my RE 3.5" Super Flex suspension kit, I put the Doetch Tech shocks on it. I drove it a long time like that, lousy ride, stiff like a buckboard wagon on the street. I went for the OME longtravel shocks and the difference is HUGE!!!!! I love them. Best money I spent on the Jeep so far. Go for it!

just dont get rustys.

Ended up going with Pro-Comp es 9000's. Super happy with them, granted if you saw how bad the bushings that came out of the old ones were, any shock would have worked miracles.

Back