• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OX Locker

Poison

Not the band
D30 OX, is there anything made of brass in it. I opened my diff and found some small pieces of brass and a little steel.

Thanks

D30 OX, is there anything made of brass in it. I opened my diff and found some small pieces of brass and a little steel.

Thanks
from what i have read from a couple of different places is that the ox locker is made with 8620 grade steel. That is the same stuff that they make your ring and pinion with, but i did not find that they use any kind of brass to make there lockers. but the steel that that you found could be from the locker but i would not think so because it is 8620 grade steel (very, very strong stuff)

It's possible brass is used for a bushing or something like that. I have not looked at an OX in quite some time so I don't remember if there is a brass part or not.

It's possible brass is used for a bushing or something like that. I have not looked at an OX in quite some time so I don't remember if there is a brass part or not.
at ox web sit it shows and tells what they use for there lockers and i agree with you that the bushing could be made with brass. I just do not see anything that looks like brass in there photos of there lockers:dunno:. But again I totaly agree with you on the bushings.

I'll call OX today, I was just hoping someone on here might know. Mine had the bolts back out last year and they were safety wired as the fix. Driving it Friday and there was a bang from the front,similar to the first time. After I posted I thought maybe a piece from a brass tool that was missed during the cleanup. The guy didn't clean it out very well but I thought I did on last inspection, maybe I missed some hiding in there also.

Anyway thanks!

Back