• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ dead, come anyway? Attn: Jes & Phat

JKTXJ

NAXJA Forum User
XJ is out of commission, should I come anyway?? I have been to the last 2 Fall Flings and was planning on coming for 11 days this year, however, the Jeep is in critical condition. Just has too many issues to resolve before October. Thinking we should come down in the Ford Focus though (bet I could do Posion Spider in it) and then find spare seats (hint, hint) for some runs. Have digital camcorder so it would allow me to get good footage... Jes, you out there??? Will need a ride for Pritchett unless we can talk PhatXJ into taking his purdy rig on it :D :D Moab Rim too!

Don't let a little thing...

like a busted vehicle stop you from enjoying Moab. For the first several trips there I bummed rides/rented. Too good to miss. Especially true this year.

My XJ doesn't have a back seat and one of the Rose family members might be riding with me. Also McGyver was looking to ride with someone in the hard core set.
Jason, you and Kristy should come out anyway. Does Dave have a back seat? Is he coming out by himself? No matter, he will be doing Pritchett and all the other hard core stuff with CRASH and I wheather he wants to or not! ;)

Jes

BTW, what's wrong with the XJ? Did our Rubicon run kill it? Heck, you didn't even roll it over like someone we know! :rolleyes:

I'll probably have a seat, but don't and won't know my plans until immediately before that week. I'm in the middle of the job hunt and have some fruit that could fall from the tree pretty quick and won't know if I can take off many days.

I do plan to be there either Wednesday night, or Thursday night and stay through Sunday.

Jes said:
My XJ doesn't have a back seat and one of the Rose family members might be riding with me. Also McGyver was looking to ride with someone in the hard core set.
Jason, you and Kristy should come out anyway. Does Dave have a back seat? Is he coming out by himself? No matter, he will be doing Pritchett and all the other hard core stuff with CRASH and I wheather he wants to or not! ;)

Jes

BTW, what's wrong with the XJ? Did our Rubicon run kill it? Heck, you didn't even roll it over like someone we know! :rolleyes:

Well, I drove it home from the Con and continue to drive it around town, but the clutch is WAY gone and it needs a new front driveshaft, a new gas tank (can't fill it anymore or it leaks out top somewhere), lots of welding on the unibody, 2 new front shocks (used my shocks for bumpstops on the Con... bad idea) a tranny x member, etc. Plus, something's amis with the engine right now too. Just too much stuff and too little time and money. I am gonna come out though, Dave N can fit the Porter clan is his rig so we got that all squared away. Guess I'm official videographer!!

JP

How about gay... oops :D ... I mean Grey Dave, is he coming out(to Moab, not the closet)too? :D :D

Jes

Yep, he will be there on Thursday along with Mark (Toyota 4 Runner from our Con trip).

You baby boy, give me a call and we'll patch it back together for the trip.

I was just going over my list last night. Need to do, like to do, and it would just be nice. Looked over it for about 5 minutes then said f*ck it and drove up the north fork about 50 miles.

I'll be working on mine pretty consistantly until departure. Just show up and we'll see what can be done. I bet a lot of it isn't as bad as it seems.

Later,
Lincoln

Jes said:

Jes

Yes, Dave has a backseat, Yes Jason is going to ride with me, No Dave is not going to do Pritchett with Jes and Crash.

Jes + Crash = bad news.

:D :D

Lincoln said:
You baby boy, give me a call and we'll patch it back together for the trip.

I was just going over my list last night. Need to do, like to do, and it would just be nice. Looked over it for about 5 minutes then said f*ck it and drove up the north fork about 50 miles.

I'll be working on mine pretty consistantly until departure. Just show up and we'll see what can be done. I bet a lot of it isn't as bad as it seems.

Later,
Lincoln

It's a lost cause Lincoln, I already tried that route with JP. He will come up with every excuse in the book.

The weird thing is, I used all the same excuses to try and get out of going on the Rubicon because my rig wasn't ready, but that was unecceptable to him. So, I just ran my credit card to the limit so I could go. :confused:

It mostly sounds like minor fixes to me.

I bet the gas is coming out where the sending unit goes in. That's only about 30 minutes and an o-ring. A definate fix.

Front driveshaft, if his is that bad I might be able to dig up my old one. It's not perfect, but it's usable. Might be a nice to fix.

Shocks, not the most important thing. Rated nice to fix.

X member, what's wrong with it? Probably a nice to fix.

Clutch, that's hard to judge. I know a few places that change them for almost less than it's worth doing yourself. Can't advise on parts prices though.

Engine, would definately have to see. The only thing that would stop me at this point is a rod though the block. I've also got a ton of spare parts for piecing a ride back together.

Unibody welding? I though you had a welder.

Jason, you had better call me this weekend. Our corner already looks like the Junk yard wars so one more isn't going to matter.

Dave, I think he's turning into a pretty boy. If reason won't work maybe harASSment will. :)

Later,
Lincoln

Lincoln said:
X member, what's wrong with it? Probably a nice to fix.

I've got one laying around. You can pick it up on the way through Salt Lake or I can bring it down........

OK, here's the situation... my spare time is being spent making other parts for people right now (rock rails).. you know, paying people :) But.... I am going to attempt to get our beast ready. As for the X-member, the Rubicon made it into an inverted V along with my skidplate (got just slightly high centered :rolleyes: ). I am going to fab a new one, but thanks for the offer mbryson. Shocks.. I will get new rear ones cause I am gonna shorten the boat anchor mounts and toss the rears on the front (running the same f&r with RE adapter). Welding the unibody.. I can do that... Clutch=I hate those! But anyway, wife and I talked last night and decided to try and get it ready. Can't take PhatXJ's crying anymore :D :D Either way we are coming.... we just might show up in somthing other than an XJ.. Lincoln, I may just take you up on some of those offers too...

You let me know.

I've just spent the morning trying to run down 1/8" brass pipe fittings.

I guess I'm going to have to wait until monday and go to Andy's supply for those. Oh well, lots of other crap to get done.

Thanks,
Lincoln

Back