• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear hitch install

CaliXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a few questions on installing my rear hitch. Cherokid gave me a rear hitch that came off of his old 89 to put onto my 91 a few weeks ago. I ordered up some JCR nutstrips and found that only 3 of the 4 bolt hols will line up with my hitch. Now do i just re drill a 1/2 hole and run with it or is there another problem here i'm not seeing?

P7230155.jpg

Second there are no holes in the hitch to re install my exhaust bracket. There is a little square backing plate in the unibody rail that this screws in to but does any one know if it is tack welded in place? I'd hate to pull it off and have it move on me. heres a pic of the bracket i'm refering too.

P7230156.jpg

The nutstrip willnot line up at all if I turn it 180. I have it off to the side of the holes to show it doesn't line up. Every thing lines up in the unibody like it should.

I'm pretty sure it's a stock hitch but then again..... I just drilled a 1/2 hole for the one bolt that didn't line up on both sides. Good to go now. As far as the exhaust goes, what a pain in the a.. That thing was!

Back