• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need a aftermarket UCA mount D30

charlie85

NAXJA Forum User
I need a new passenger side UCA mount for my D30. the stock one is bent in and the welds broke off and the bracket has cracked down the back side. so needless to say its trashed and not fixable. is there anyone that makes a bracket for a D30? i know i cant be the only person to sheer the mounting bracket off. i have looked around some and this is all i could come up with, i spoke to dan (of ruffstuff)on the phone and he thinks this will work. any other options other than this?

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/adjustable-towers-degree-p-286.html

dont want to spend that kind of money and i cant wait 2-4 weeks for the truss to be built and arrive.

i would need the track bar, both uca mounts, and sway bar mounts on that truss. so its well over 300 bucks plus 2-4 weeks wait time.

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/mercha...tys&Product_Code=RC-UCM1&Category_Code=BP-B_S

how about this? i dont exactly see how this would work on my axle?

should i just buy a trashed stock axle and cut the mount off and weld it back on mine?

the ruffstuff mount will work, you just need to make sure that you get the hole in the mount at the same height as the factory one.
I'd also suggest gusseting the mount with some pieces on the side. Should be pretty stout then.

Ruffstuff goodstuff.

100_0426.jpg

100_0427.jpg

100_0425.jpg

100_0423.jpg

a couple of years ago when i trashed the PS UCA mount on my 30, i called RE and got just their PS UCA mount for something like 40-50 bucks. not only it is a beefy piece, but i liked the superride bushing alot better then a stocker style one. its held up to everything ive given it no problem, i even tied gussets into it when i made a new axle trackbar bracket for a WJ knuckle swap.

the ruffstuff mount will work, you just need to make sure that you get the hole in the mount at the same height as the factory one.
I'd also suggest gusseting the mount with some pieces on the side. Should be pretty stout then.

i would need to buy a different style UC then wouldnt I? mine mounts differently i am pretty sure

100_0428.jpg

If you can find a junk axle to cut it off of cheaper than buying one I would do that. I'd plate it this time so it doesn't happen again. If not I would go with the Rusty's one it seems like the best option. Too bad you have to buy both sides though. The RE one has a crappy bushing that won't last as long as the stock type and Ruffstuff one is the wrong bracket.

I run the Currie setup above and it was some of the best $160 I spent on the Jeep, but your mount needs to be in good condition to use it.

Until you can afford to fix it right... the pics you posted above look like it would be easy enough to fix. Use a come-along to pull the tear closed or use a bottle jack on the front or back of the spring plate to tilt the axle closing the tear.

To bad your not closer, I would give you my old one. My LA kit doesn't use the passenger side upper.

If you were in Mass I have a whole d30 housing going to the scrapper soon, you could cut as much off as you want and I would not care.

I would suggest the Currie unit linked above, or the poly performance / RE one if you are worried about your ability to weld to a piece of steel that big.

hey i am going to go with the polyperformance / RE bracket. i am not doing the welding as i dont know how to weld. i am having a friend of my dad that builds race chassis do it for me. i just want a mount that i can continue to use my non adjustable control arms with.

thanks for all the advice. im hoping to have the jeep back in action in a week or two as it was just down for a week when a friend noticed the bracket.

Thoroughly wash and inspect your vehicle after every run. Especially if its your daily driver. You wouldnt want your axle falling off at highway speeds...

yeah i think i will need to do that as i never really do at all. it also is my daily that is turning more and more into a trail rig. i am seriously looking to buy some 4 door automatic car with cold a/c that gets 30+mpg. something that i know i will not put any money into.

i am going to look into buying a cheap electric pressure washer so i can wash the rig and give it a once over after my woods runs.

Back