• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C Question?

sotrhRaven

NAXJA Forum User
When I run my a/c the compressor cycles on and off about every 10 seconds. I am going to work on the jeep this afternoon. Wondering what I should be looking for when I get under the hood.

Ben

2001 Cherokee Sport 4.0 HO

Find a set of gauges and check pressures, look at connections and see if you notice any dye/oil/wetness around them Thats about all you can do for now... sounds like you might be low on refrigerant which means you prob have a leak somewhere...

Find a set of gauges and check pressures, look at connections and see if you notice any dye/oil/wetness around them Thats about all you can do for now... sounds like you might be low on refrigerant which means you prob have a leak somewhere...

x2 on the gauges

according to my 98 factory service manual, if the compressor cycles 10 or more times in 1 min than the refrigerant is low for one reason or another.

Back