• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 Still running hot-everything new-searched and read mucho info

eswjeep

NAXJA Forum User
96 4.0HO auto
New Items-waterpump(new from napa), thermo(stant superstat 195), radiator is less than 1 year from advap, all hoses. Electric fan works, clutch fan seems fine but is not new.

Temps are hovering around the 220-230 zone on or off highway or idling. Electric fan doesn't seem to matter but the ac actually makes is run a little cooler which is wierd. I'm thinking of replacing fan clutch tommorow with a 97-98 ZJ clutch to see if that helps otherwise I'm at my wits end. :explosion
I just wanna get this thing running right so I can go wheeling.:passgas:

What is your coolant mix? 50/50 is a year-round compromise. Switch to 30 ethylene glycol and 70 distilled water for late Spring through early Fall.

Check your temp sensor as suggested.

Its good that idle and highway speed temps are being held constant by the cooling system.

Now you just need to confirm the actual temp .... before taking any further action.

Back