• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

O2 Sensor (an easy fix... I think not)

smiley

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so i have replaced both of my o2 sensors the downstream one was easy and has given me no problems but the upstream one keeps failing ( i have replaced it two times now, first two times i got an o2 sensor code now I am getting an 02 sensor heater circuit bank 1 sensor 2 code).

My question is what else could cause this problem... should I be looking at rewiring the whole harness for the o2 sensor here or something? For the short times that the o2 sensor goes bad i have not noticed a decrease in gas mileage or any hesitation or putters or anything.

As always you guys are awesome,
Smiley

Before I replaced my o2 sensors, i had ran with them unplugged so i had the O2 sensor codes. When I replaced them the O2 code stayed on. I unplugged the battery for 30 seconds and turned it back on which eliminated the check engine light. My theory was that if anything actually did go wrong the light would come back, because it had just been storing old codes. If nothing changes when your sensor supposedly fails, could it just be your jeep recongnizing the old codes?

Back