• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 Swap...What Fits?

Mich88XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Through a misfortune that was out of my hands, it looks as if I am possibly going to be replacing the axles, bearings, ball joints, and a hub on my d30. I was considdering just swapping in a junkyard axle that was stronger with manual hubs. Anyone know what will fit? Width doesn't have to be exact, but hopefully is close. Or should I just get a set of stronger aftermarket shafts and do it that way. I just really wanted manual hubs cuz of all the crap I am going through with my vacuum bs right now. Thanks for your help and opinions...Christian

It depends on your definition of "fits"!Only the Rubi 44 will bolt in,after that its called "fab" time and you can put just about anything in!

I mean I don't want to narrow the axle or anything, just something that is stronger than the d30, and about as wide. I can make and weld on mounts for shocks, control arms, etc. Ill probably just stick with the 30 and stronger shafts, cuz it is easier.

Back