• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to get/how much will I need. Colored bed liner

sasq40

NAXJA Forum User
Im looking to do my whole jeep in yellow or military green( say which color you thunk be better) bed liner, inside and out, and I'm wondering who makes the best product that's gonna last. I seen Durabak makes roll on but vie never heard of them. Any other suggestions. I can do roll or spray doesn't matter to me, just wanna do it myself. Also how much will I need to do it inside and out. How does roll on last on exterior as well

yellow?! oh no... no definitely OD green is what you want.

No matter what product you use, it's all about SURFACE PREP! If you don't do it exactly right, it'll peel off, but if you do, it'll last forever.

I used Raptorliner on the inside, and its held up really well for the year or so since it was sprayed on.

How thick do you want your coating? I got good coverage from 2 quarts to do the whole interior, but ended up using a third for the high traffic spots.

To do the outside as well, you may want to start with 2 gal, and use any leftover for touch-up.

So three gallons would be good for everything. I'm think yellow cuz it's different and the old lady likes yellow so I can blind the expensive with her liking it lol

it took me 2 quarts of duplicolor bedliner to do the outside of mine but i only did it below the bodyline thats right below the door handles. i had half a quart left over too. admittedly it needs to be thicker though

I don't really wanna use use raptor cuz I want the interior colored and as far as I know raptor only comes in black
You can dye raptor liner, it's probably the best spray on bed liner you can buy for at home use.

attachment.php

that durabak olive drab color is fantastic. im gonna go down that route i think. and its got uv protection to make sure it doesnt fade or crack/peel prematurely

I painted my 1st jeep with the rattle can olive dab green...turned out real well. Held up real good, even when it rolled the paint stayed on, no cracking or flaking. Painted the lower quarters with duplicolor bed line spray. All in all probably had about 75 bucks worth of rattle cans and alot of prepping.

22064_103652719656689_100000358834633_90109_7621848_n.jpg

after she rolled:

22064_103652716323356_100000358834633_90108_5026229_n.jpg

dang how many times did you roll that? that looks horrible i rolled one and a half times and it still runs currently building a rock buggy

Back