• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

and the brake problems go on

ready to mud

NAXJA Forum User
ok for a while now i have had a bit of brake problems. now pretty much whenever i use them they make a grinding sound that i can feel in the pedal, coming from the front brakes. about a week ago i took off the wheels and checked all the brakes, and cleaned any rocks out of the front caliper. i still cant figure out what is wrong with them. also the front calipers and pads are only a couple months old

Mine does the same thing. i thought it might be those shitty lifetime brake pads that were on it when i got the jeep, but they still do it. even with new rotors. my easy fix is the vollume controll on my stereo, and thank god the music drowns it out.

just beacuse the calipers and pads are a few months old is no reason to check them.
Have you verified that you're not rubbing steel on the rotor?
It's entirely possible if the caliper has stuck to eat the inside pad to nothing in short order.

i checked the pads through the hole thing on the caliper. i will be pulling off the calipers and such one of these days soon and give everything a thourough inspection

Back