• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wheel lug length?

xjhavens

NAXJA Forum User
Well I didn't search because I didn't really know how to word it. But I'm right in the middle of swaping a set of zj disc breaks on to my Dana 44 rear. I have brand new ten factory chromolys going in.I have to press the wheel lugs into place but before I do I was wondering if I needed longer ones? Part of me says they will be fine because I doubt ten factory would bother packing different lug bolts for drums and discs. but I really have no idea. The ones I have are 2 1/4 long with about 1 1/8 thread. I don't want to find out I don't have enough thread when I go to put my wheels on and have to take it apart again. Thanks!

As long as those are the same lenth as stock it wont be a problem.
It might be to late to change it now but explorer discs are alot easier to swap onto the 44 the backing plate has a different bolt pattern.

as far as studs go I found the stock XJ studs to be too short for my comfort. I used 2000 XJ dana 30 studs found here (LINK).

The tread length is nearly 2" on these studs.

Here is the comparison between pre and post 2000 dana 30 studs and rear disc zj studs. as long as you are somewhere between the two you will be fine.

Josh

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1027872&highlight=wheel+studs

Thanks a lot guys. I think I've convinced my self ill be ok. a friend of mine had a blown up d35 at his garage that was going to the scrap yard. Thats how I ended up going with d 35 discs So far this has been a 0 dollar swap! Again thanks!

Back