• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 Jeep Wagoneer Limited Dome Light

That was a little harsh, but I couldn't help myself. I hope the OP was referring to the bulb! If the light is missing, time to head to the yard and get a fancy maplight, or possibly an OverHead Console!

Last edited:
teamcherokee.com has the dome light assembly for the 90-96, might fit yours with a little wiring changes.

I have an 89 Wagoneer Limited. Here is what the center dome loos like. Those 2 round lights face forward.

IMG00185-20100716-1812.jpg

I think someone must have hung an aftermarket crystal chandelier in there!

ummmm that hole looks way to big for the standard interior light fixture.

X2^^^

the one pictured with the map lights is only about 4.5"X3"-- the crater you've got in yours looks big enough for someone to have installed a C.B. radio up there. I'd look for a roof console to cover it or recover the headliner and use the factory dome lamp

to me the hole looks like a dvd player should go there maybe they kept it or something the pic posted should be the one you need. thats the only kind i have ever seen in one.

I agree the hole is WAYYY too big for the standard dome light. Looks like a DVD player like frady said. Id either get another DVD player put there or an overhead console installed there. I do like the front overhead console thingy. Never seen that before. If anyone knows what it is please inform me as Id like to get one for myself. Would be a nice place to mount switches for my lights and maybe a CB or radar detector.

The way the rest of the interior is 'customized', there was probably some sort of video device installed there. The only way to fix it would be to install another headliner, and then start from there. Visit a pull-your-own junkyard to get some ideas.

Back