• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Want some feed back on tire carrier

rkates

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in need of a tire carrier, I pulled the roof rack because I was tired of straightening it after every wheeling event. I've looked at all the different bumpers w/tire carrier options and only one stands out. Not sure where to find them for xj's but planning on building anyways. Here's a link to the carrier on a wrangler
http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=RTC3400

Has anyone seen these on xj's? Either way any reason I should steer away from it?

I'm only using the design as a guide. My plans are to keep it tight to the hatch and try to taper it w/the back glass to help keep it away from the ground (or obsticals sp?) when off road.

A member on here built one.

The main thing that would prevent running one personally is having to lift the tire every time I wanted in to the hatch. Would be pretty sweet to have a little ramp to climb up while camping though.

the original bumper is sexy as hell! (when put on a tj)... the 2nd one is UGLY AS SHIT.
i agree, it's waaay too high. spares go in the back anyway...

the original bumper is sexy as hell! (when put on a tj)... the 2nd one is UGLY AS SHIT.
i agree, it's waaay too high. spares go in the back anyway...

Yeah but a spare on the bumper= More room in the back for tools but then again What would I know I bought all my armor. :dunno: :rolleyes:

Back