• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Beware of Radiator Barn

killerfly128

NAXJA Forum User
These people couldnt run a company to save there momma's life. I placed an order last night at about 2-3 am for a CSF 2 row that showed to be in stock. I get a phone call at noon today (I work nights ... thats for screwing my good nights sleep up asshat) that they had realized they are out of stock. They offered to sell me a 3 row for $35 more ... Why not just send the darned thing to me and chalk the minute loss up to good CS? Well it costs more ... I say "no kidding, I dont even want the 3 row but I need something soon" No, we arent gonna do that.

Well long story short I was told that because of the "hundreds of good reviews" one bad review wouldnt matter a lick because a radiator barn customer is only a customer once in a lifetime .... I wonder why? With that type of CS its amazing they still have any business at all.

So if y'all are looking for a radiator it might be best to look for one with radiators.com or partsgeek.com. Atleast they give a crap.

Also, I know it sounds petty but this really pissed me off. For a company to have the gall to tell me point blank that I dont freaking matter because I am only going to buy from them once is plain ol' bull shit. Furthermore, for them to tell me that letting y'all know about this crap is going to have no affect on there sales numbers because of the "hundreds" of positive reviews on Jeep forums is moronic.

Not trying to take sides, as I have never used Radiator Barn, but it sounds like you lost your temper.

Mistakes happen and it sounds like they tried to reach a compromise by offering a better product for a discount. I don't think they should have to GIVE it to you. Hell, I've had companies not even let me know an item is out of stock even if the website says its in stock.

They also should NOT have treated you like that no matter how far off you went on them, that's just asking for a bad reputation. Get the name of the person you spoke with?

That's why I went with DPGoffroad, any time you buy from a big company you mean nothing to them. A smaller shop needs all the word of mouth and good reviews they can get so every customer is(typically) treated great. I like ordering from small shops when I call I am talking to the owner not some phone rep who could careless about anything other than getting me off the phone.

That's why I went with DPGoffroad, any time you buy from a big company you mean nothing to them. A smaller shop needs all the word of mouth and good reviews they can get so every customer is(typically) treated great. I like ordering from small shops when I call I am talking to the owner not some phone rep who could careless about anything other than getting me off the phone.

I didnt see the 2 row listed. I just ordered one from drivewire.com for $4 cheaper than radiator barn with free shipping.

These people couldnt run a company to save there momma's life. I placed an order last night at about 2-3 am for a CSF 2 row that showed to be in stock. I get a phone call at noon today (I work nights ... thats for screwing my good nights sleep up asshat) that they had realized they are out of stock. They offered to sell me a 3 row for $35 more ... Why not just send the darned thing to me and chalk the minute loss up to good CS? Well it costs more ... I say "no kidding, I dont even want the 3 row but I need something soon" No, we arent gonna do that.

Well long story short I was told that because of the "hundreds of good reviews" one bad review wouldnt matter a lick because a radiator barn customer is only a customer once in a lifetime .... I wonder why? With that type of CS its amazing they still have any business at all.

So if y'all are looking for a radiator it might be best to look for one with radiators.com or partsgeek.com. Atleast they give a crap.
how the heck were they supposed to know you work nights?

Stuff sells, it goes out of stock, that's called business. They're trying to sell stuff, enough other people bought their stuff that you got there and they didn't have any.

and if it's such a minute loss, why do you mind so much? You are wanting something for nothing, if someone gives you that, consider it a good thing, but don't EXPECT it, that's called being a needy complainer who thinks the world revolves around them.

I had someone try to pull the "it's not that much, why don't you just give me the discount" thing on me once. I was selling a multi-hundred-dollar extremely high power RF final amplifier component for 80 dollars asking, this one guy had been stringing me along for months saying he'd buy it when his contract got paid, oh wait, nevermind, he'd buy it when someone who owed him money paid up, etc etc, I was holding solid on price because frankly the item was worth at least 500 bucks to someone who knew what it was, after stringing me along for that long I wasn't budging an inch for him anyways. He came up and offered me 75 bucks, I told him it was 80, take it or leave it, he said "oh but it's not that much of a difference"... yeah buddy, it's not that much of a difference, you can buy this from me for 80 bucks or from anyone else who manages to find one for 500. Your choice. He paid 80.

Friends? sure, they get a discount. People who aren't asses? Sure, I'll wheel and deal. Come up to me expecting to be treated like royalty and give me an attitude and the price on it is the price you pay.

Last edited:
how the heck were they supposed to know you work nights?

Stuff sells, it goes out of stock, that's called business. They're trying to sell stuff, enough other people bought their stuff that you got there and they didn't have any.

and if it's such a minute loss, why do you mind so much? You are wanting something for nothing, if someone gives you that, consider it a good thing, but don't EXPECT it, that's called being a needy complainer who thinks the world revolves around them.

I had someone try to pull the "it's not that much, why don't you just give me the discount" thing on me once. I was selling a multi-hundred-dollar extremely high power RF final amplifier component for 80 dollars asking, this one guy had been stringing me along for months saying he'd buy it when his contract got paid, oh wait, nevermind, he'd buy it when someone who owed him money paid up, etc etc, I was holding solid on price because frankly the item was worth at least 500 bucks to someone who knew what it was, after stringing me along for that long I wasn't budging an inch for him anyways. He came up and offered me 75 bucks, I told him it was 80, take it or leave it, he said "oh but it's not that much of a difference"... yeah buddy, it's not that much of a difference, you can buy this from me for 80 bucks or from anyone else who manages to find one for 500. Your choice. He paid 80.

Friends? sure, they get a discount. People who aren't asses? Sure, I'll wheel and deal. Come up to me expecting to be treated like royalty and give me an attitude and the price on it is the price you pay.

They arent supposed to know I work nights. I do expect a company to do something when they screw up like that though, its just good CS practices. I would have been fine had the knocked off $5. When they tell me that my opinion wont matter thats the point that I get a little upset.

Go ahead and tell your customers they dont make a difference and see if they dont go somewhere else out of spite alone. I assure you they will, some spineless people will pay what you are asking but some will do exactly what I am doing.

BTW: Strangely there business does revolve around there customers, might be a good idea to take care of them and not tell them point blank in plain english that there satisfaction dosent matter

In my book there is a difference between customer service and customer worship. One is good practice, the other is a great way to end up losing money on every sale but making it up in volume.

Walking the line between the two is the hard part.

In my book there is a difference between customer service and customer worship. One is good practice, the other is a great way to end up losing money on every sale but making it up in volume.

Walking the line between the two is the hard part.

I agree with you there. I do know that being so blunt with a customer is a great way to lose some sales.

So, did you threaten to get on the internet and bash them if they didn't give you the more expensive radiator for the cost of the cheap one?

So, did you threaten to get on the internet and bash them if they didn't give you the more expensive radiator for the cost of the cheap one?

Not really, and for the record the cost difference wasn't that great. I was appalled at how they handled the situation and it was only after them getting rude that I let them know I would be taking the time to post up a thread regarding my shitty experience.

Sounds like a case of, Honest mistake, Greedy customer.

IMO, It sounds like they have outstanding customer service for at least calling you within 12 hours of your order to try and find a quick resolution. Even a simple and polite request for a refund would do. But instead you expect the world in a hand-basket.

If a company looses out $35 every time the Not-so-easy-customer is Unhappy, then where is the profit margin to keep the company afloat for the Understanding-Easy-to-deal-with-customer???

IMO, It sounds like they have outstanding customer service for at least calling you within 12 hours of your order to try and find a quick resolution. Even a simple and polite request for a refund would do. But instead you expect the world in a hand-basket.

If a company looses out $35 every time the Not-so-easy-customer is Unhappy, then where is the profit margin to keep the company afloat for the Understanding-Easy-to-deal-with-customer???

Again ... I would have been more than happy with $5 being deducted from the price .... or even a polite person on the phone. They were downright rude because they feel they will only get business from a person once. Hell, I didnt really care about the $35, it was the principal of the matter that made me go elsewhere.

I had a great experience with them.

The rad they sent me had a bad spout, they sent me a new one no questions asked, told me that I could keep the old one too and try to get it fixed if fedex didn't pick it up for a claim in the next 7-10 business days.

this is the first bad review i have seen from radiatorbarn.com i am looking to purchase a 3row rad from them currently. i have called and talked to them with no issues at all.

as for the only a customer once in your life issue you keep bringing up i think its bc they offer a lifetime warrenty and from all the reviews iv read ppl run there rad for 5-10 years minimum and most vehicles arnt around more then say 20-15 and most owners run the oem rad till it dies so say 5-10 years so your only trying to get 10-15 out of a lifetime warrenty rad in theory.

Ugh yeah partsgeek.com is a joke that place could care less abot customer service they sent me parts for a totally different vehicle then refused to refund me any of my money telling me that the parts.between the two were the same

I've bought 3 radiatiors from them (radiator barn) over the years and I've never had a problem. I'd buy from them again in a minute.

i have a radiator in my jeep from them-and had a great experience. Everyone has a bad day, you included...

I agree with these two statements

Back