• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

d30 Question

GrapeApe

NAXJA Forum User
Looking at possibly buying a d30 with 4.88 and Superior moly shafts in and out and, a lockright.. Will it hold up to 35" tires?

if you don't lock the 30 it will hold up fine to 35's. i've beat the hell out of two turdy's, one early bronco turdy with 410's and it was fine and now just put 4.88's in my xj turdy on 35's. Break in session for the gears was the rubicon trail and it heald up fine.

I've had 35s on my 30 for almost 3 years now. 4.56, Chromo shafts, loc right locker, big steering, wj swap, and a truss from one side to the other. The only failure I've had was when I broke a outer shaft.

Recently, when I took the axle completely apart, I noticed a hairline crack in the carrier. I just replaced the carrier with intentions of going to 1-tons by next year...

Like they've said, as long as you're conservative on the throttle, you should be fine.

Back