• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which drive shaft and SYE should I go with?

I’m about to install a 4” OME hybrid lift, but I still need to get a SYE and modified drive shaft. What brand(s) of drive shaft and SYE do you recommend? Also, is it worth buying a rebuild 231 with the SYE already installed? Or should I buy a Hack-N-Tap type setup?

Last edited:
Do a true SYE. You end up with a much stronger output shaft if you do. I have done an AA kit and a Rugged Ridge. Both were excellent with no fitment issues. The AA tail housing is of better quality i felt. That said, the RR kit i have currently has presented no issues.

Can help you with a shaft, as i just made my own with bits i had in the shop.

I got the Advance Adapters SYE and Tom Woods driveshaft. You have to install the SYE, then measure from yoke to yoke to get the shaft length. Tom Woods is an awesome guy and his customer service is amazing. Everytime I emailed him with a question, he would personally call me back the next day and discuss it all with me.

i run a front shaft in the rear, just an idea so you dont have to spend crazy money on a custom driveshaft

I did the hack n tap with front shaft and have not had a problem yet...6 months or so on 31's if that helps any.

I've put the AA kit and front shaft in the rear of mine, no issues, plus one spare covers both ends.

That being said, I helped with a RR mega short install on a TJ last night and it seemed to be well built.

While you're in there, throw in a 2 low kit, you'll like it, especially if you plan on locking the front.

Advance adapters SYE with a Tom woods shaft unless you know someone at a driveshaft shop that can build one cheaper than $300.

I got the Advance Adapters SYE and Tom Woods driveshaft. You have to install the SYE, then measure from yoke to yoke to get the shaft length. Tom Woods is an awesome guy and his customer service is amazing. Everytime I emailed him with a question, he would personally call me back the next day and discuss it all with me.
X2 on Tom woods drive shafts. There are cheaper drive shafts out there but you won't find better service anywhere in the industry.

Back