• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

POR-15 Application

SharkXJ

NAXJA Member #1177
For those who have used the POR-15 paint - Did you use a brush or Roller? I am getting ready to paint my TnT front bumper.

Reading the directions it says the more pressue you use the Glossier it will come out. I can't see applying too much pressure with a brush.

Thanks in advance :)

I used a brush.... and I never saw that pressure comment in all the documentation that I read. It still came out butter smooth and super glossy (just don't use those $.39 brushes that shed hairs). You did get their UAV resistant variant right? Because standard POR-15 will fade (badly) in the sun. If not, you can still top-coat the POR-15, but the window to do so is small if you don't want to use their tie-coat primer stuff.

Check out Top Secret Coatings. They have awesome stuff. I think it is better than POR-15 and that is saying a bunch. Their stuff also have the UV.

http://www.topsecretcoatings.com

Back