• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Did this plastic knob fall out of my XJ??

winkosmosis

NAXJA Forum User
I found this plastic knob or cap under my XJ in the driveway. Either it fell out of the XJ or it rolled into the driveway from somewhere else. The threaded part screws in and out of the knob part.Anyone know what it is?

1999 4.0L 4WD automatic

knob1.jpg

knob2.jpg

Last edited:
never seen anything like that on or in a cherokee

It looks a little like the kind of knob that some things like Mercedes have to hold in tail lights, marker lights, etc, or perhaps to hold down the cover on a fuse and relay center. The really old Mercedes would have had steel studs and plastic knobs or thumbscrews, but perhaps newer ones use more plastic. Nothing familiar on an XJ.

That looks like the adjustment knob on my flux capacitor. It allows me to regulate anywhere from 1.1 to 1.3 gigawatt's.

ya that's definitely not an oem xj part

I don't know about that part, but that sure looks like a short-n-curly in the first photo.

Dude, be careful of what you touch, you never know where its been!

I don't know but out there somewhere is some dude wondering where the $#$*% that hold down screw went...

With newer cars that the manufacturers seem to take such joy in wrapping the engine with plastic covers so you can't see it it may be one of those.

Doesn't have to have come from a car... do you have a backpack leaf blower, lawn mower or weed wacker missing any parts? Or maybe if you have a landscaper, it could have fallen off of one of their machines.

Back