• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BG44k Question

jackate

NAXJA Forum User
I bought the 2 can BG44k kit at a dealership for cleaning fuel injection systems, they only sold it in the kits.

I put the one can in the fuel tank, but the other can I was told is supposed to be directly injected into the fuel injectors some how, I don't know how it's done and really don't want to deal with it.

The guy in the dealership said I could just add it to the gas, like I did with the other can in like a week.

Should I add it when there is like no gas in the tank, or should I add it with allot of gas?

It says right on the can it won't harm any part of the fuel system including gaskets, hoses or o-rings.

My thought was to add it to the gas tank with very little gas left in it since it is really supposed to be ran full strength through the injectors with some sort of tool.

I would just run it per the can directions--proper fuel to BG44K mix and that will get you the best results.

The second can is supposed to be fed directly into the fuel rail through the shrader valve. He can't run it "per directions" without the appropriate equipment. When they use it that way, the carbon rolls out, it's pretty strong stuff. If you are going to mix it with fuel - use a full tank. I'd suggest running a tank of just gas between cans. . .

The 'other can' is intended to be the main source of fuel for the time it takes to burn the contents, usually 10 minutes. We pull the fuel pump relay, put that stuff in a pressurized bottle with a regulator that is set to approx 45 psi, hooked into the schrader valve.

Back