• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need opinion on axles

Dads XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Need opinion on axle shafts

Being relatively new to the xj build up scene I would greatly value some help on choosing some chromoly axles for a d30 in a 96xj running 32's with 4.56 and a true trac. I narrowed it down to Ten Factory, G2's, and was wondering about Nitro Axles. With two 16 year old boys both with xj's money is an issue. This is a DD and I don't plan on any really hard core off roading. Thanks People:helpme:

Last edited:
If you are staying with the 32" tires and light wheeling, I say stay with the stock shafts. Save your money for some armor. Stock shafts can take a decent amount of abuse with no problems.
If you still decide you want chromy's, the brands you mentioned are all good in my opinion.

Re: Need opinion on axle shafts

Then why not just use stock shafts with 760-X joints?

The 32's/true-trac are pretty easy on the stock shafts. Alloys are a good idea at 35's and locked - but even then, I see them do "OK". Breakage is usually a U-joint/ears and not a difficult trail repair. Pick up a set of spare stock shafts from a TJ if you want the extra insurance.

Back