• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A Annoying problem

SINCITY192

NAXJA Forum User
Every time it rains including today whether my roof is closed or cracked massive water seems to be coming down. Water pours down from "TOP" and goes every where.., down the sides of the doors like literally even in between the front and back doors, sides of the sunroof leak, even to the back by the the trunk, actually into the trunk it leaks, but im guessing its because my lining for the roof is not pinned down like its suppose to be! But since this is leaking like this I would like to fix it asap tomorrow is my day off so I want to fix this and put some new parts on!!!!

Check your drains on the sunroof, there should be one near each corner, even if the seal is not good, it should still drain

Anyone know what the drains look like? a small hole? Do i have to open the sunroof to see the drains? And if its clogged how do i unclog it.!!

Today when I went to the jeep from a rainy night! all night!
the jeeps parks slanted up a little.
so linen for the roof had this big water bubble just sitting above the back seats n the truck space!
I pushed it tryna get it out the back door but it just cam down the sides of the back.... so much water... please someone wheres these drain holes

Since it sounds like your headliner is pretty much shot, it would be a good time to remove it, and it will be easy to see the drains. Like stated earlier, there should be four, one at each corner. Our ZJ had a factory sunroof, and a tech at the dealer showed me how to blow out the drains using compressed air. The vehicle was brand new, and two were clogged. I cleaned them at oil change time, never had a problem. You are going to have to familiarize yourself with the whole sunroof deal, and you'll understand what needs to be done.

ok is there anything i need to buy when taking this apart?
also how do they get the the roof carpet to stick up there!!!
Thanks guys so i assuming the drains are located somewhere in the corners!!
of the sunroof.

The fabric of the headliner is glued to a thin foam padding, which is glued to a semi-rigid shell of pressed fiberboard, which is usually reinforced with fiberglas. At about fifteen years of age, the foam padding of most headliners had deteriorated to the point where the fabric is falling down. It sounds like you are past this stage, so the best thing to do would be to remove the headliner, fix whatever is wrong with the drains, and start shopping for a whole new headliner, as your shell is most likely no good, having been as wet as you've described.

ok i Knew something was wrong here no way i was suppose to be getting this wet lol
Ill have to find out where to find it and lets hope it aint to expensive!
But I can fix the leak without buying the headliner i"m assiming yes at this point being one has nothing to do with the other!

Is this a factory sunroof or an aftermarkeyt one?Pics would help!

I wish I could post pics but my camera was stolen!
But it is a factory sunroof as far as i know being everything else seems factory and I been drving it for like 3 yrs now...
I think its factory!!!

I think the drains are about an inch in fron the corners, I got mine unclogged with compreesed air and a blow gun with a long tip. There are several other places they like to leak ike the roof rack, and roof strips as well. since the headliners done , pull it out and spray some water around, see where the water is entering

Back